Ok, so yesterday my lovely friend Phyllis wrote a comment that made me smile. She said that a preference for the color yellow was an indication of high intelligence. For real? Google here I come…
So I learned a whole bunch of things about the color yellow. Do you know only 3% of the earth’s population claim yellow as their favorite color? Wow, we yellows, we are a small small fan club! And the largest population of people who favor yellow are children. As we grow older…the preferece fades. Hmm, must have something to do with coffee and how expensive it is to whiten our teeth. Correlation?? Maybe.
Apparently Yellow is The Color of Strength, Intelligence, Joy, Happiness, and Optimism. (Wow Phyllis, it’s sorta true!). Ok so with that kind of start….there has to be some bad news in there…somewhere. Right?
So here comes it is…..because yellow is a color that has a favorable effect on the metabolism, and is associated with the balance of energy which makes good digestion possible —- those with an overabundance of yellow energy often engage in “emotional eating” or “comfort eating.” Ah-HA! There it is. There IT is!!! The d@mn bad news!!
People with lots of yellow energy usually are more interested in mental pursuits rather than caring for their bodies. In the right balance, however, yellow energy stimulates the nervous system. It also helps to promote optimism and warmth. Once yellow energy is balanced, it can be maintained by eating grains, nuts, and seeds as well as yellow fruit such as bananas.
Apparently the antidote for too much yellow energy is Violet.
Violet. Ooooh, I L.I.K.E. violet!!
So I need to search out violet foods like passionfruit, prunes, plums, grapes, kidney beans, chinese water chestnuts, eggplant, endives, purple potatoes, mushrooms, purple cabbage, purple onions, sweet potatoes, truffles, turnips, and winter radishes.
Violet herbs include lavender flowers, common sage, sweet violet, thyme, wild passionflower, violet flowers, blueberry, hollyhock, juniper berries, purple sage, sweet violet, and vanilla bean.
Vanilla??!!!!! O.M.G — only the single best most delicious amazing ice cream flavor EVER! Ok, but I digress.
So a person with yellow energy tends to have a happy disposition and we are cheerful and fun to be with. However, we yellows can be very critical of ourselves, so much so that we are…..oh…..ugh, ….yea,…. perfectionists. Ok, um, this color voodoo is kinda gettin’ scary! Lastly, we analyze everything, all the time, and are methodical in our thinking.
Some other quick facts (such as they are called) about us yellows…..
- We are impulsive and make quick decisions, but often, out of anxiety, jump in too quickly and rush things rather than taking things at a steady pace. Ohhhh, yes. In this case, I’m going to guess that running MUST be violet activity. Because it is NOT in my nature, but it does help balance me!
- We use our minds to achieve our goals rather than our physical energy.
- We tend to hide our emotions, putting on a brave face in times of adversity. Ohhhh, yes. I also think this is why I eat, and eat, and eat.
- We are spontaneous – we are able to think quickly on our feet and make instant decisions.
- We communicate well on a mental level with like-minded people, but can become bitter and sharp-tongued if crossed. Um, Peter, ssshhhh. Don’t be so quick to agree!
- Although we find it easy to make money, we tend to spend it rapidly and unwisely. GULP! Kinda, sorta.
- We can be stubborn but dislike pettiness and spitefulness of all kinds.
- We like to think we are intelligent and well educated, with knowledge about many topics.
- We are good at anything that involves the mind, rather than physical pursuits.
Ahhh. Yellow. Yellow. Yellow. Diane is sooo wrapped in Yellow. But it’s good to know. All my thanks go out to Phyllis for stimulating this question and this exploration.
This weekend, I am going out to buy myself a new violet running shirt — to encourage the balance I am seeking. Purple is the antidote! Purple! Makes me just shiver as I think of the gorgeous yellow and purple crocus that have been living together happily on my FaceBook cover for a week now. S.P.O.O.K.Y!!!!
Somehow…..my unconscious mind KNOWS what I need. I need to stop obsessing so much and start listening to my whispers. You’ve had the power all along Dorothy…..never forget!
Ciao for now…Diane